Lakme Enrich Satin Metallics Lip Color

 Sunday, April 17, 2011


“Smooth, glossy lips kissed with the luxurious conditioning of Vitamin E. Blended with Sunscreen and Olive Extracts for a creamy coat of lush color. Available in many shades developed especially for Indian skin tones”. This is what I read on lakme website before purchasing a enrich satin metallics lipstick.
Generally I like to use lighter shades or just lip gloss, but sometimes when I want to go for a nice made up look I go for lipsticks. This time when I went lipstick shopping girl on the counter really got me interested with all her salesperson talk that I wanted to try it.

After testing it there on the back of my hand I liked the color and rich feel. Out of seven colors available I went for shade no 419 which is somewhat close to coral red. When I came back home I tried it on my lips.
My Experience with It
It is mostly a collection of warm colors with a hint of metallic sheen most of them designed to suit Indian skin and complexion. It felt smooth on my lips and glided very easily and provided a rich pigmentation (A little too much for my liking). It dried up my lips and I felt my lips chapping up. Stays on lips for 3-4 hours if you don’t drink any thing.
Next time I applied it I used lip balm on my lips before applying this, drying effect was not there now:). It stayed about 2 hrs and than started fading away.
This is how it looks on the back of my hand.
Price
Lakme enrich lipcolor priced at Rs 255 for 4.4ml.
What I liked about it
Its rich color and the way it easily spread on my lips, overall texture gives you a matte effect so that makes it a good day wear, only if you like to wear darker and richer shades during day.
What I did not like
  • I did not like the dried up and chapped lips feeling when I applied it without smoothening my lips with lip balm.
  • They could have packaged it more attractively didn’t quite like the burgundy colored shiny tube gives a cheepy look.
My Verdict
I will rate it 6 on the scale of 10 will think before buying it there are much better option available in this price range.

Have you tried any of these? What are your favorites?

0 comments:

Post a Comment