Fab India Plum Passion (Lip Butter)

 Sunday, June 05, 2011

These days everyone seems to be riding natural and pure bandwagon. Fabindia which used to be famous for its chic kurtas and hand-woven carpets durries etc also have launched a natural line of skin care and beauty products.

Last week I went to shop for some home accessories I came across this counter and thought to try out the line. I am a sceptic as far as beauty products are concerned because I have a sensitive skin so generally scared to use new products on my skin. But still I wanted to try the range. I picked this cute little pot of lip balm.
Price: Rs 75 for 10g
Key ingredients: Wheatgerm oil, Cocoa Butter, Sesame Oil, Tocophenyl Acetate, Kokum Butter, Olive Butter, Beeswax, Triglyceride, Veg Sequolin, Permitted preservative, Fragrance
What I liked about it
  • Little pot looks very cute, deep plum color looks so appealing. There were three – four variants available but I picked plum flavoured one.
  • Its price is economical looking at some of the natural ingredients present in it.
What I don’t like about it
  • It is very thick so if you are using it, you have to takeout a good amount and make a little more effort for it.
  • The feel is nice enough on your lips and gives a slight sheen, not very pigmented.
  • Smells fruity, not natural it smells like the erasers which we used when we were kids.
  • After an hour or so my lips felt drier than they were before applying it, so had to reapply after a while otherwise they felt chapped again.
  • Though it is non sticky, but it does not spread that smoothly as it appears in the pic.
Verdict : Though Fabindia is known for its natural products but I would stick to buying their kurta and other knick knacks ,no more skin care products from them unless I read rave reviews about the product. I will give it a rating of 2/5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment